A great smile is important to the impression you make on everyone you meet. People worker harder than ever to get or keep their great smile, which means the demand for Dental Assistants will not go away.
Join this in demand career with Dental Assistant training through CDI College. The Dental Assisting programs at CDI College providing training in patient care, laboratory and administrative tasks in a dental office and covers all areas of dental care, oral pathology, dental radiography, and pharmacology,
Dental Assistant Program Information
The Dental Assisting programs at CDI College foster the development of effective dental assistant practices as well as the development of organizational and communication skills. You will learn about oral diseases, hygiene, sterilization techniques and oral treatments such as endodontic and periodontic treatments. You will also learn about dental products, their properties and uses.
Examination and Licensure
- Graduates are eligible to write the National Dental Assisting Board Examination (NDAEB), which is a mandatory component for licensure and registration with the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia. The Dental Assisting program in BC is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC).
- Graduates are eligible to apply to write the National Dental Assisting Examination Board (NDAEB) Certification Exam. The Dental Assisting program in Calgary and Edmonton is accredited by the Commission of Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC).
- Graduates who successfully complete the Intra-Oral Dental Assistant program are eligible to write the National Level II Certification exam offered by the National Dental Assisting Examination Board (NDAEB). Once you pass the exam you will be eligible to register as a Licenced Dental Assistant with the Manitoba Dental Association.
- Graduates who complete the Dental Assisting program are eligible to write the National Dental Assisting Examination Board (NDAEB) Certification Exam, which when passed gives you the title of Certified Dental Assistant.
- Completing the Dental Assistance vocational program leads to a DEP (diplôme d'études professionnelles) recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement Supérieur (MEES) (Permit 528500).
Note: Program length varies by province
Contact CDI College today to get detailed Dental Assisting program information, admission requirements, tuition fees, tuition assistant programs, class schedules, and career and job placement information.